In a debate between Peter Atkins (a Darwinist) and William Lane Craig (a Christian), there was an interesting exchange on the limit or limitlessness of science. Atkins says there weren’t any. Craig pointed out the following 5 areas that science cannot give a scientific explanation of:
1. mathematics and logic (science can’t prove them because science presupposes them),
2. metaphysical truths (such as, there are minds that exist other than my own),
3. ethical judgments (you can’t prove by science that the Nazi’s were evil, because morality is not subject to the scientific method),
4. aesthetic judgments (the beautiful, like the good, cannot be scientifically proven), and , ironically
5. science itself (the belief that the scientific method discovers truth can’t be proven by the scientific method itself)
Science is helpful; but we should not expect it to answer everything and it certainly hasn’t proven that God doesn’t exist contrary to many claims being made.